Bullying and Ragging is so prevalent in India that it is treated as part of school days and colleges. This needs to be removed from the roots. Bullying and Ragging may sound funny and make people laugh, but it leaves scars too deep for the person who is bullied. There are various adverse efforts of bullying . There are also many incidents in the past suggest that, these have led to such end that people have committed suicide. Let me list down some of the bad effects due to bullying and ragging.
- Feelings of sadness and loneliness
- Loss of interest in activities
- Inferiority complexion
- Feeling isolated even when there is a crowd
- Spending a lot of time trying to figure out what to do or where to go to avoid being harassed.
- Thinking your parents would be worried or upset if you told them.
- Health issues leading to headache and stress
- Starting to think that maybe the insults are true and wondering if it’s your own fault.
- Having mood swings.
- Wishing you could talk to someone but you are not sure what you want to say.
- Feeling trapped, helpless, withdrawn.
- Notice that these feelings are causing you to be unhappy at home & you are feeling short tempered with your parents and siblings.
These things can lead to self harm and growing up, it becomes harder to trust others and make new friends. In some extreme cases people become suicidal.
How to Stop This:
It all starts during the adolescence when everyone starts to think how life’s goes on and gets into lots of physical and emotional changes. Life isn’t a bed of roses and has ups and down for everyone. As they say the change must start within, everyone must pledge to keep their well being even when they are going through stress / tension.
- Keep a role model who you can admire and follow.
- Reach out to your parents/mentors. They are here to guide & help you.
- Eat , sleep, play and find balance between all these things.
- Always look for opportunities to reach your potential.
- Feel free to express yourself.
- If you see someone bullying others, don’t be a bystander, act and stop it.
Indian Government has launched National Anti-Ragging Helpline to prevent this.
- Students who are being bullied/ragged can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to register their complaint
- There is also a helpline number 1800-180-5522 which can be called at any time to file a complaint
Lets all raise our voice and stop this menace and make India more Cleaner and better.
This is a initiative by Strepsils India to make India cleaner. To achieve this ultimate goal, everyone should voice their opinion and share their part. Just by being a silent spectator or bystander we cant achieve it. So let us use the power of our voice to clean India.
Here we are the Montu who have been a silent spectator till now. We know that raising our voices against all that is dirty in our country is a power that we all have. Let’s exercise the power of our voice & work towards a Swach Bharat.
Kyuki Bin Bole Ab Nahi Chalega #AbMontuBolega.
Check Out their website, Facebook & twitter for more info about their campaign.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/StrepsilsIndia
Twitter : https://twitter.com/StrepsilsIndia