My Idea of Perfect/Ideal Vacation (Yatra) is one where I get out of the normal life and spent my time trekking in Himalayas saying goodbye to social life and connectivity and get one on one with nature and its beauty. I choose Hampta Pass trek in Himachal as my perfect vacation as it is tailor made for those looking to experience the high Himalayan adventure which comprises of pine forests, open meadows, glacial valleys and adventurous crossings that leaves the heart pumping.
As I have to travel from Chennai and there are no direct Flights/ Trains available to Manali, I have to check the Flight Schedule and choose the one from Chennai to Delhi. I can reduce the time at airport by using Jet Airways Web check-in . From Delhi I can take Volvos / Car according to my preference and reach the destination.
The Complete Trek Itinerary starts after reaching Manali and it is given as below.
Day 1: Arrival day (Explore Manali)
- Arrive at Manali any time.
- Take up a hotel room and stay.
- Use the evening in Manali for some shopping.
Day 2: Manali to Jobra
- Take bus from Manali to Jobra.
- Jobra is an hour away from Manali.Have breakfast at Jobra and start the trek by nine am.
- The trek starts amidst Maple trees and goes on along the ranee Nala.
- Take off your shoes and hop across the Rani Nala if you wish to feel the icy cold water.
Day 3: Jobra to Balu Ka Gera
- The trail stays on the banks of the watercourse for most a part of the day.
- The initial climb involves a lot of boulder hopping.
- Walk along the ranee watercourse into a depression dotted with small multi colored flowers till you reach Balu Ka Gera.
- Balu Ka Gera is a level ground created of the sand and dirt brought down by the watercourse.
- Pitch your tents and camp at Balu Ka Gera, 11,000 feet above ocean level.
Day 4: Balu Ka Gera to Shea Goru via Hampta pass
- The trail from Balu Ka Gera to Shea Goru is very steep with sharp descent.
- The trail moves on the watercourse that is lined with flowers which of color yellow and pink.
- If you trek during summer, you will notice plenty of snow, else you may see many snow patches.
- There are 2 steep climbs over ridges before you reach Hampta pass.
- Hampta pass at 14,000 feet is pretty windy and sudden rains or snow additionally cannot be dominated out.
- The descent to Shea Goru from the pass is slightly tricky. Sliding down the snow may be associate degree possibility.
- You will reach Shea Goru in couple of hours.
- Camp overnight beside the watercourse at Shea Goru.
Day 5: Shea Goru to Chatru
- It is a mild downhill walk to Chatru, with a few tricky sections.
- The trail continue on the watercourse, and there are few large glacial flows down the mountain aspect
- Camp at Chatru where few water streams flow through the meadows. Chatru is a beautiful inhabitancy spot with beautiful mountain views.
- It will take you regarding 4-5 hours to succeed in Chatru from Shea Goru.
- Camp overnight at Chatru.
Day 6: Departure day (Chatru to Manali)
- Depart from Chatru to Manali early morning by shared cabs.
- It will take around 5 hours to reach Manali which mainly depends on the condition of the roads.
Then its Volvo to Delhi and catch a flight to be back home in a week with wonderful memories to cherish for lifetime !!
nice post!! loved it!! thanx for sharing 🙂